We are looking for our first product manager to increase platform usage, user adoption, and retention through iterative delivery of product enhancements and features.
Our thing is making developers’ lives easier with the fastest way to deploy applications globally. The Koyeb Serverless Platform is completely managed: we take code, build it into containers, and run it inside of MicroVMs distributed across multiple continents.
We have built a developer community of over 25,000 members and are serving businesses all around the world. This is just the beginning and we’re growing super fast.
If this sounds interesting, keep reading!
What you’ll be doing
A subset of our users are very sticky and intensively using the platform. Your mission as our first Product Manager will be to help us iterate and refine the product to make the majority of users sticky.
Using a deep understanding of our customers' needs and the industry, you will have the unique opportunity to bring an impactful and inspirational product to life.
We are focused on a developer-led approach, our acquisition is purely organic, and first user interactions with our platform are critical to delivering an outstanding experience. You will interact and work with our complete team across all functions including product design, customer success, DevRel and engineering.
- Lead the development and launch of new features from product specifications and mockups to public release
- Prioritize and manage the product backlog, ensuring that the development team is working on the most valuable features
- Develop and execute the product roadmap and strategy for Koyeb's products
- Formulate hypotheses backed by data to prioritize the roadmap and validate decisions
- Perform user research to collect insights, understand customer challenges, and user needs
- Work with product engineering to refine Koyeb developer experience and maintain high-quality products
- Define and own product metrics and business goals to determine how customers are engaged with the product
- Constantly improve the way we design and build products to ship quickly and iteratively
- Work with the engineering team to ensure that features are delivered on time
- Discuss product updates both internally and with customers to continuously gather feedback
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the cloud infrastructure market trends and competitors, and use this knowledge to inform product decisions
- Collaborate with all teams to bring new products and features to market
You will be the first product manger. You will be working daily with our co-founder and CPO, Edouard.
You’ll succeed if you:
- Constantly deliver impactful features with small iterations
- Improve delivery velocity
- Influence the roadmap to build innovative features
- Increase platform usage, adoption, and retention
As a general rule, if you join us, independent of the position, you should be comfortable with the following description of yourself. You:
- have an international mindset and think global
- are looking for a fast-paced environment
- are ambitious and believe small teams can have a huge impact
- are data-driven, you know decisions are more meaningful if they are based on data
- are working as a team member
- are autonomous and structured, are able and willing to write specifications/plans before implementing/executing
- are striving for continuous improvement and learning
- understand we work to improve the product for our users
More specifically, you:
- Have 5+ years of product management experience with a proven ability to drive product development from concept to launch
- Have experience building and shipping infrastructure or other technical products
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Have proven experience leading cross-functional product launches, especially in a fully remote and distributed team
- Have a passion for user experience, always giving attention to detail
- Are a strong user advocate able to work with developer audiences
- Have an understanding and curiosity of what developers need, potential solutions, and opportunities to deliver the Koyeb differentiation
- Are able to collaborate with engineering teams working on highly technical products
- Have an excellent sense of autonomy, ownership, and, an ability to plan, prioritize, and carry out complex projects
- Have an extensive experience with software development processes, including agile, kanban, and are willing to iterate on processes
How we work
This is a fully-remote full-time position - with the option to work from our main office in Paris, France, or in a co-working space near you.
We hire everywhere in Europe for this position and you should be less than 3000 kms/5 hours away from Paris, France as we meet once every 6 weeks there for an event we - super originally - call “Everyone in Paris”.
We believe being able to meet once every 6 weeks is a strong advantage to improve communication and brainstorming.
- If you’re located in France, we provide standard full-time contracts with full-health coverage and standard benefits.
- If you’re located in another country, we will start with a 4 months contract and onboard you after that as a full-time employee with deel.com - we just need some time to understand your local regulation.
We’re looking for an experimented product manager and the salary is between €71k and €83k, plus equity. This is the gross salary for France - for team members who are based outside of France, gross salaries are adjusted using the total cost as an employer, click here to learn more.
Some context about Koyeb:
- We’re a really small team, currently 9 and probably less than 16 (in the whole company) when you will be joining. We’re composed of 90% of technical people and the resulting 10% catch the technical side.
- We’re building a product used by developers and are interacting daily with our developers’ community - which are our users.
- All our communications, internal and public, are in English. We are a global company, currently headquartered in France, Europe.
- We’re prioritizing work that has a direct impact on user experience and expect you to think first about impact. Our long-term mission doesn’t change, but you need to be willing to work on a short-term roadmap evolving quickly depending on user feedback.
- We’re an early-stage and full remote company. This is a demanding job that requires a high degree of autonomy and the ability to work asynchronously.
If these look like challenges you’d like to work on, continue scrolling
How we hire
We ask you to send us “something interesting” via the standard application form. Here are some guidelines on what we think is interesting:
- Please explain why you would like to join us, a resume without any explanation is rarely interesting. This is sometimes called a cover letter but just think about it as if you would send an e-mail and explain why you think we should talk. A dozen of lines are sufficient.
- An up-to-date LinkedIn/equivalent profile or resume is needed. We need it to have a quick overview of what you’ve done.
- Open source projects you’ve worked on.
What we need to understand is how what you've worked on is relevant to what we’re building here at Koyeb. We don’t pay extensive attention to a standardized format and what the theory says but keep in mind that good written communication skills are crucial to working at Koyeb.