We are looking for our first Developer Advocate to engage with developers communities and grow the existing Koyeb community.
Our thing is making developers’ lives easier with the fastest way to deploy applications globally. The Koyeb Serverless Platform is completely managed: we take code, build it into containers, and run it inside of MicroVMs distributed across multiple continents.
We are focused on a bottom-up approach, our acquisition is purely organic, and developer adoption is crucial to the success of our mission. We have built a community of over 25,000 members so far and are serving businesses all around the world.
If this sounds interesting, keep reading!
What you’ll be doing
As a Developer Advocate, you will become the most prominent advocate of the community.
This job is focused on building and maintaining relationships with developers and technical communities. The primary focus of this role will be to increase awareness and adoption of Koyeb's products and services by developers.
You will be working with our community and our team to improve the product and help developers discover the platform through high-quality content including starter apps, documentation, guides, and blog posts.
- Write high-quality technical content, including blog posts, tutorials, and documentation, to help developers learn about and use Koyeb's products.
- Build demo and starter apps to highlight key use cases of the platform.
- Develop and maintain relationships with developers, technical communities, and other industry stakeholders.
- Engage with our community on social platforms (like Twitter or Reddit) and communication channels such as Discord, Slack, and Discourse.
- Contribute to the development of developer-facing tools like our SDKs, CLI, and third-party integrations.
- Serve as a technical evangelist for Koyeb's products and services, helping developers understand how to use them effectively and providing guidance on best practices.
- Engage with the developer community through public talks, videos, streams, podcasts, and other events.
- Collaborate with the product and engineering teams to gather feedback from developers, help shape the direction of the product, and refine our roadmap.
- Stay up to date on industry trends and technologies, how they can work with the Koyeb Serverless Platform, and help shape the technical direction of Koyeb's products and services.
You will work directly with the co-founders and especially Edouard, holding the CPO role, to grow the developer community.
You will succeed if you:
- Support Koyeb users in their journey to get the most out of the platform
- Work closely with the developer community, interact with our users, and federate the Koyeb community
- Contribute and advocate for the Koyeb partner integrations, and collaborate with the rest of the team to make them happen
- Collect, analyze, and share developer insights to improve the Koyeb platform
- Influence marketing and branding efforts in addition to developer relations
As a general rule, if you join us, independent of the position, you should be comfortable with the following description of yourself. You:
- have an international mindset and think global
- are looking for a fast-paced environment
- are ambitious and believe small teams can have a huge impact
- are data-driven, you know decisions are more meaningful if they are based on data
- are working as a team member
- are autonomous and structured, are able and willing to write specifications/plans before implementing/executing
- are striving for continuous improvement and learning
More specifically, you:
- have a strong technical background, with experience as a software developer or technical consultant.
- have experience working with developers and technical communities, either as a developer advocate or in a similar role.
- have excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to explain complex technical concepts in a clear and concise manner.
- are a strong communicator with a track record featuring engaging talks, popular articles, and technical publications
- have a passion for building mindshare via content for developers
- have a willingness to experiment via metrics-driven approach to execution
- have a strong understanding of cloud and infrastructure technologies including serverless platforms, DBaaS, PaaS
- have a passion for helping developers and a desire to make a positive impact on the industry.
Our stack and technologies
- All the Koyeb platform is built internally by our engineering team
- All user workloads are run inside of MicroVMs using Firecracker, a fork from KVM open-sourced by Amazon.
- We use Nomad to schedule these MicroVMs on top of BareMetal servers.
- We provide various developer tools to deploy on our platform, including:
- We write tutorials to help our users deploy on the platform
- We interact with our users mostly through:
- Our community platform at community.koyeb.com
- Our feedback platform at feedback.koyeb.com
- Our Slack community channel at slack.koyeb.com
How we work
This is a fully-remote full-time position. We hire on the US East-Coast as travel to events might be required. You will have to travel once per quarter to Europe.
We will start with a 6 months contract and onboard you after that as a full-time employee with deel.com. The salary range is $120k and $160k, plus equity.
Some context about Koyeb:
- We’re a really small team, currently 9 and probably less than 16 (in the whole company) when you will be joining. We’re composed of 90% of technical people and the resulting 10% catch the technical side.
- We’re building a product used by developers and are interacting daily with our developers’ community - which are our users.
- All our communications, internal and public, are in English. We are a global company, currently headquartered in France, Europe.
- We’re prioritizing work that has a direct impact on user experience and expect you to think first about impact. Our long-term mission doesn’t change, but you need to be willing to work on a short-term roadmap evolving quickly depending on user feedback.
- We’re an early-stage and full remote company. This is a demanding job that requires a high degree of autonomy and the ability to work asynchronously.
If these look like challenges you’d like to work on, continue scrolling
How we hire
We ask you to send us “something interesting” via the standard application form. Here are some guidelines on what we think is interesting:
- Please explain why you would like to join us, a resume without any explanation is rarely interesting. This is sometimes called a cover letter but just think about it as if you would send an e-mail and explain why you think we should talk. A dozen of lines are sufficient.
- An up-to-date LinkedIn/equivalent profile or resume is needed. We need it to have a quick overview of what you’ve done.
- Open source projects you’ve worked on.
What we need to understand is how what you've worked on is relevant to what we’re building here at Koyeb. We don’t pay extensive attention to a standardized format and what the theory says but keep in mind that good written communication skills are crucial to working at Koyeb.
If we believe we could work together, Julia, our talent partner, will reach out to schedule a first 30 minutes call to make sure this could be a match.